Frequently asked questions
The deadline has now passed for applications for the next season at Port Lockroy. However, we know that many of you may still have queries. Here, we answer the most frequently asked questions.
1. Can international candidates apply?
We encourage applications from international candidates. However, all applicants must be resident in the UK by the start date of team selection (see below) and everyone we employ must have the right to work in the UK. You will be asked to provide documentation at the interview stage to prove your right to work, which may include passports, indefinite leave to remain, visas, or any other supporting documents.
The UK Antarctic Heritage Trust does NOT sponsor visa applications; therefore, you must ensure you currently have the right to work in the UK when you apply for these roles.
Please visit this website before applying if you are an EU, EEA, or Swiss citizen.
2. Does it matter if I don’t live in the UK?
All applicants for Port Lockroy must be residents in the UK by the start date of team selection, 30 May 2023. For operational and financial reasons, UKAHT is unable to facilitate or reimburse travel for Port Lockroy team members that reside outside of the United Kingdom. No exceptions will be considered, including self-payment of travel expenses.
3. Application opening date
Recruitment is open. You can now apply to join our Port Lockroy team for the 2023-24 season.
4. Deadlines, selection and interview
- Closing date for applications: CLOSED
- Online interview: dates TBC with shortlisted candidates
- Team selection, Northamptonshire: 30 May - 1 June 2023
- Meet the team training, Peak District: 11-14 August 2023
- Pre-deployment training, Cambridge: 18-29 September 2023
- Service in Antarctica: late October/early November 2023 until the end of March 2024
5. How many people are we looking for and what roles?
We are currently looking for four Port Lockroy staff:
- 1 x Base Leader
- 1 x Shop Manager
- 2 x General Assistants
It is possible we will need other new skills within the team. However, these roles are not yet confirmed and will not open until later in the year.
6. How do I apply?
All applications must be submitted through our jobs portal.
7. I need more information. Who do I contact?
If you have any further questions please email: email@example.com
8. Can couples apply?
Couples are welcome to apply. However, you will need to apply individually. We do not consider you as a pair and each candidate will be judged on their own merits. It is therefore possible that one of you may be offered the job and the other not. Obviously, in that scenario, you can make a decision as a couple whether to accept or withdraw.
9. What is the minimum/maximum age for Port Lockroy applicants?
All applicants must be over the age of 18 years. There is no maximum age limit, but applicants must be physically fit. There is a lot of physical work at Port Lockroy and all team members are expected to contribute equally. This includes: carrying 20-litre jerry cans of water, lifting and carrying 15kg boxes, digging a LOT of snow every day, cutting steps in snow/ice for safe visitor landings, and unloading boats on slippery rocks. While candidates do not need to be athletes, they do need to be strong and resilient to undertake these tasks daily for several months.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a medical assessment with our Occupational Health experts, as well as their own GP, which will include a review of their medical history.
10. Covid-19 at Port Lockroy
- We will do everything we can to ensure Port Lockroy remains COVID-free and that staff are deployed safely and responsibly.
- You will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, using the most recent guidance from the government and our Occupational Health advisors.