Wordie House, HSM no. 62
Base F, Argentine Islands
Wordie House was established on 7 January 1947, on Winter Island (65°15'S, 64°16'W). The hut is named after James Wordie, the chief scientist and geologist on Shackleton's Endurance expedition of 1914–17. In later years, he was also an advisor to Operation Tabarin. The hut stands on the foundations of an earlier building, used by the British Graham Land Expedition from 1935–36, led by John Rymill. The original hut was destroyed in 1946; possibly by a tsunami.